Am I the only one who put…months of thought into creating a blog? I kept going over and over in my mind what I would blog about and what sort of blog it would be, if it would be anonymous or not, what I would call it, and a whole host of other things.
All that being said, this is a post that I’ve wanted to write for quite a while now! I find it funny how, when you start blogging, all of these things go into it that nobody knows or would even think about. And then, nearly two years after you started your blog, you start thinking about all of it and have to smile. So many of these things I had even forgotten about! So I thought that I would share them with you!
- The title of Call Me Incorrigible was born from my absolute love of Frank Sinatra. I was sitting in my kitchen brainstorming titles (trying not to amass a giant headache) and listening to his song “Call Me Irresponsible”. Well, about half way through the song I nearly died because I couldn’t believe that it hadn’t occurred to me before! I decided to pick another word that I thought described me and it would be perfect! And I’m so, so glad that I did that! I love my blog title and it has really worked for me!
- Originally, as many of you know, the subtitle of my blog was “Chronicles Of A Hopeless Lover Of The Written Word”, which I really loved. However, subtitles work best if you…actually do the things that they say. So, although books and words are basically my life, I didn’t write about them very often, oddly enough. So, in keeping with my blog title and the story behind it, I recently changed the subtitle to “Rainbows, I’m Inclined To Pursue.” I’m very happy with it!
- I’ve thought for a long time about not having this blog be anonymous. About actually telling you what my real name is and showing a picture of me and everything. And to be honest, I’ve actually done that. I put up a post with my name and picture and everything…and then got scared and took it down. Lame….I know.
- I’m really, really bad at categorizing my posts. I have categories, but I’m so terrible at using them! I don’t really use them with the blogs of other bloggers I follow, so I kind of forget that they exist and then don’t use them for my own posts. I should probably get better at that. Categories are important.
- I have this dream of one day getting a comment from a reader asking me to post about something special. I think that in order for that to happen, my commentaries about life would actually have to go somewhere. (Although I will say, that in general, since serving my mission I’ve changed a lot. So a lot of things that I posted about before or wondered about before that never went anywhere don’t matter much anymore.)
- I have a fear of being Freshly Pressed! Really, I do! I don’t even really know what it is or what it means or if it even happens to real people, but it’s this weird void that scares me…
- Every time I publish a post I go look at it in my reader just to see what it looks like to everybody else and get this little surge of pride. I love writing!
- I remember the day that I gained my 11th follower and I did a little happy dance. For some reason, that number made me feel like a real blogger!
- Do any of you remember those days when my posts were just…horrible? And I felt so bad about it that I ended a whole bunch of them with pictures of baby animals just so that reading the post wouldn’t have been a complete waste of your time? Well, that was actually something that I saw on another blog and I laughed so hard that I decided to adopt the idea for a time when I’d need it. I’m really grateful, too, because that was a rough phase!