Today I read an absolutely fantastic blog post. Really, it literally blew my mind across this world. I love it when I stumble upon gems in my blog searches. It’s as if it’s this beacon of hope for me. I can’t really explain why, it just is.
Tonight I’ve got this interesting thing rolling around in my mind. It’s where I’ve got deep thoughts and less deep ones floating around and bumping into each other. To the point where I’m not sure whether to write a hilarious post or a serious one. I feel this tiny little flutter of: okay, let me just whip out an AMAZING blog post and then the only thing I’d be able to say would be, “Boom.” But I really can’t guarantee that that flutter can translate, unfortunately. So how about I just tell you what I’m thinking about?
- My Fair Lady. It is one of my very favorite musicals of all time.
- My Frank Sinatra/Michael Buble complex. It is a very, very real thing in my life that I’ve yet to figure out. Maybe I’ll write a post especially about that someday…not sure. It isn’t a one vs. the other thing, because that is just….frankly ridiculous. It’s more of that I don’t know how to make sense of it all….and now I’m really not making sense. Maybe I’ll save that post for never.
- Would introducing a plot twist that came into my mind last night be a good thing, or just a meaningless diversion from the actual story line? I’m leaning more towards meaningless diversion…
- Are there actually as many problems in my life as I think there are, or am i just not being as positive as I should be? But on the other hand, if I’m too positive then I could be blinded to the truth about things that happen. But on the other hand if I’m not positive then problems really will abound and I’ll be miserable. But then again, how does one go about “choosing happiness” as goes the popular phrase today? Do you just look at yourself in the mirror and say, “Okay. Be happy. Go.” And does that even work? Would you believe yourself? Not believe in yourself, just plain old believe that words that you were speaking to yourself were true…
- If people in your life are being ridiculously negative and driving you nuts… you can’t just shake their brains out and force them into being happy.
- I’ve had A Tale of Two Cities sitting on my shelf for weeks and haven’t even picked it up yet. I’m ashamed…
- I really want to write in my journal, but thinking about everything I need to record makes me so tired that by the time I’ve written a paragraph I can’t even remember what the point was.
- I’m really loving the color yellow. [Yes, to your right is a giant yellow square. Enjoy.]
So…you see what I mean? I’m really hoping I’m not the only one who has thoughts such as these. With any luck, at least one of you will relate. And if we were having this conversation in person, this would be the part where I shrugged my shoulders, threw my hands in the air, and changed the subject to quoting movies.