When I started this blog in November 2013, the original subtitle was “Chronicles of a Hopeless Lover of the Written Word”. It is now different, of course, but this should give you a good idea of how I feel about words, and written words more particularly.
As a writer, I love words, and as a reader I love words. And one of the very best ways, if not the best way, that words are used is in novels. I love to read, and always have loved to read. I’d like to dedicate this page to a list of some of my favorite books. Now, I do have a favorite book, a post about which you will find here, but other than this there can absolutely be no favorites among literature. There are simply too many wonderful books! So, without further ado, a list of some of my favorite reads!
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (include all of Jane’s work, actually)
- The Thorn in My Heart series by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
- The Tiger’s Curse series by Colleen Houck
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- The Graceling series by Kristin Cashore
- The River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- The Books of Pellinor by Alison Croggon
- The Sevenwaters books by Juliet Marillier
- As You Like It by William Shakespeare
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- The Gable Faces East by Anita Stansfield
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Again, these are only some of my favorite reads, and in no particular order. I love them all! I will be adding more and more works to this list as they keep coming to me. Obviously many of them are classics, but if there are any that you’ve not heard of, you should take a look! I hope you love them all as much as I do!